Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

 
Today (and really everyday) I have been waiting on Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas! I would typically save this post for closer to the release date, but honestly I could not contain myself any longer.  I want this book...need this book...lust for this book in the most outrageous way!  Ever since BEA and all those posts where everyone seemed to get their hands on this beloved jewel I have been longing to hold this one in my hands and thumb through the pages and savor Maas' wonderful story telling abilities!  So yes, for all those reason I am eagerly awaiting HoF!  If you have yet to begin this series, I strongly recommend starting...or wait until the books are completed, because let's be honest, the waiting is KILLING me!  Can it be September yet?
 
So why, you ask am I waiting on this one so much?  Well with the state I was left in after reading Crown of Midnight, I really really really MUST know what is going to happen next!  CoM really left us with such a cliffhanger that it's nearly impossible to contain my eagerness.  Anyway, Maas is a master with her words and world building and characters and the plots and twist and turns and...oh, EVERYTHING!

 
Summary courtesy of Goodreads:

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

 
 

No comments: