Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Avalon



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Oh, Wednesday did not come quick enough for me this week!  I absolutely positively cannot WAIT for AVALON by Mindee Arnett to debut in… (gasp) January!!!  Wah!  Okay, enough whining!  Anyway, this novel looks stunning and by stunning I mean amazing, life changing and epic!  Okay, okay I know I’m gushing now, but seriously, the cover is dramatic and bold and really, what about this summary does not excite you?



Summary Courtesy of Goodreads:

Of the various star systems that make up the Confederation, most lie thousands of light-years from First Earth-and out here, no one is free. The agencies that govern the Confederation are as corrupt as the crime bosses who patrol it, and power is held by anyone with enough greed and ruthlessness to claim it. That power is derived from one thing: metatech, the devices that allow people to travel great distances faster than the speed of light.
Jeth Seagrave and his crew of teenage mercenaries have survived in this world by stealing unsecured metatech, and they're damn good at it. Jeth doesn't care about the politics or the law; all he cares about is earning enough money to buy back his parents' ship, Avalon, from his crime-boss employer and getting himself and his sister, Lizzie, the heck out of Dodge. But when Jeth finds himself in possession of information that both the crime bosses and the government are willing to kill for, he is going to have to ask himself how far he'll go to get the freedom he's wanted for so long.

Oooo gives me shivers!  This sounds like the perfect novel that blends together my love for YA and sci-fi!  This is bound to have some diverse characters, an amazing setting, ultimate "evil" to overcome and heart-wrenching plot twists.   

Critics and reviewers everywhere are telling us Firefly fans that this is the book for US!  Sometimes it’s hard for me to read the reviews from those lucky enough to get their hands on ARCs because it makes me want these books all that much more!  Especially when everyone and I mean EVERYONE only has positive reviews.  I AM DEFINITELY WAITING ON THIS ONE THIS WEDNESDAY AND EVERY WEDNESDAY TILL JANUARY!   

Go on, you know you want to...Add this to your TBR pile/Must Buy file/"lust after and read all the teasers until it releases" pile today! We totally agree with Alyssa at The Eater of Books when she says, “I need this book…like, YESTERDAY.” Yes, yes, we at All Booked Up YA could not agree more!

To get more updates follow Mindee on twitter HERE or check out her page with breaking news, updates and AVALON's first blurb HERE.

Happy Wednesday Readers!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am literally DYING to read this one! Hurry up and approve me, Harper/Edelweiss! I wish I were cool enough to get a print ARC - because that cover is KICK-BUTT. Plus, um, JETH :D

Nuff said ;)

Check out my WoW post!

Cecelia said...

Oh, this is my WoW pick this week, too! Sounds so good!